Good Afternoon and Blessings Everyone!
There are days I just want to run and hide. Lock out the world, try to make my surroundings peaceful, relaxing. Then there are days the sky is blue even in my living room! :) When the stress starts to get to me I know I have to change the way things are going around me. I have to shut down and not allow it to get in, protect myself, block any an all negativity. Its not energy I want to soak up and enjoy. Not like the laughter of a child that makes me feel as if I have been rejuvenated.
I am sure there are a lot of us out there who feel we need to shut down, disappear inside ourselves and say goodnight till we gather ourselves up once again. Being an empath I sometimes feel like there is someone playing basketball with my insides. I try to tell people how I feel. To please not bring it around me but sometimes people just forget. They get caught up in their own problems so they forget I feel what they are going through. You see the job of an empath is to feel what others are going through to try and help those around us in a number of ways. These ways are to feel what they are feeling, understand what they are going through, absorb the energy popping up around them, be there if they need to talk things out. Of course we don't always know the people who need this kind of help so when they are busy tossing out negative energy we sometimes catch it not sure of where it came from. How could that be, you ask yourself.
Here's a perfect example: You are taking a much need walk through your neighborhood. Just soaking up the beauty of the day, when someone who is having a really crappy day drives by. In that second that it takes for this person to drive by, the negative energy they have stored up inside of them is directed at you. Oh they don't mean to send it your way but perhaps while they were driving by they took notice of you walking and looked your way or it could be as simple as they energy was more than they could handle so your energy reached out there to help them through it all. Now they are feeling much better but you feel you could run the mile in 2.3 seconds. Your insides start jumping so being the empath you know you are, you realize you need to add a little more time to your walk to work off the negative energy you just picked up.
This happens when we go out there unprotected. I don't usually put a wall of protection around myself just to go for a walk or when I am sitting in my living room but if there is something going on around me, something I am aware of, I protect myself. If I am going out to restaurant, even shopping, somewhere I know I am going to be in the company of more people than I know, I protect myself. The way I do this I imagine an imaginary white circle all around me, my circle of protection. When doing this I also put a clear dome cover over me making it resistant to the negativity that could be out there. Inside I sit calm and protected from all that could be thrown at me. Now I used to do this a lot , when I was first starting out because being around people and all their emotions drove me up the wall. My Great Grandmother taught me to put myself inside the dome making it a wall of protection. It worked for me for a long time when I needed it.
Now I don't use it as much anymore. Not because I don't feel the way I used to but because I want to know what is going on around me and if there is someone out there who needs my help. I want to be able to help them, have them reach out to me if need be, even if they do not understand why they are reaching out to me. I have had people start talking to me while standing in line at the food store for no apparent reason. By the time I check out I know all about this person, their family, their life. All I did was listen, smile and nod my head in understanding. Whatever it is they needed they felt an urge to talk to me. I could feel the tension release from their energy. I could feel them get lighter so to speak. I always feel as if I have accomplished something if the person who ranted on suddenly turns to me with a smile on their face and says. "I have no idea why I told you all that but I feel so much better!" I usually respond with, "Not to worry, I enjoyed our chat!" I smile at them and they smile back. It feels good to both of us and that's all that matters. They needed a release, I was put there for them to get that release.
Being an empath is an interesting part of my life. Confusing sometimes, yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy my work, my connection with the other realm too much. I enjoy helping people, relieving their stress or just sharing in their happiness. I love my job even though the pay stinks, lol. You don't get a salary from God for doing the work that needs to be done but the feeling you get from helping others is reward enough. If you believe you are an empath and have any questions for me I am always available to listen. Please feel free to contact me anytime either here or email me at michelinascloset@gmail.com. I look forward to talking with you.
Helping Out!
Standing in line checking out,
The little boy behind me gave a shout,
His mother was so stressed I could see,
This was not where she wanted to be,
The sadness in her eyes said it all,
She felt like curling up in a ball,
I turned to her nodded my head,
Hoping she would talk to me instead,
She apologized for the noise,
I said, "boys will be boys,"
She smiled a light shone in her eyes,
I can feel how often she cries,
I can see inside her soul,
Her struggles have taken a toll,
She thanks me for understanding,
Her little boy loudly demanding,
She tells me how hard life has been,
Always seems to be in a spin,
Sometimes she just wants to scream,
It must be a nightmare, a dream,
Why does it have to be this way,
When her children sleep she sits to pray,
Waiting for answers she has nowhere to go,
Why is she telling me this she just doesn't know,
I assure her it will be alright,
At the end of the tunnel there is a light,
Then I smile and pass her my card,
I ask her please do not discard,
If you ever need someone to talk to,
Call me is all you have to do,
She reminds me she can not pay,
I smile and quietly say,
"I don't want money from you.
That is not what I do."
So she promises to hold on tight,
When its darkest with no light,
She will call me friend to friend,
So I can assist in helping her mend.
One day she calls me just to say,
Thank you for your help that day,
Now we can laugh and joke when we talk,
For God has helped her clear the walk!
To Be Continued.......
Wow, Toni! Such an insightful blog! It's not easy to find others who even remotely understand and are sympathetic to this kind of sensitivity. I really relate to when you were talking about people just coming up to you and telling you about their troubles. I get that quite often, and a lot of people don't understand why I listen or try to help without taking their money. I genuinely care about helping others feel better. I really can't explain it. So thank you for this blog, Toni. It makes me feel more connected :)
ReplyDeleteHi Adam, No people don't understand it's not about the money. If you are fortunate to be an empath you will understand the gifts that are given to us by God or what ever higher power you believe in, are not given to us to become rich. Yes you may be able to charge for a reading but that will only help you get by. The gift of healing, sight, awareness isn't a gift to be taken lightly. It is not be seen as a way to get rich quick but help someone, be there for them, hold their hand if needed, and charge nothing, you are the richest person in the world. The satisfaction of knowing you helped someone, the look in their eyes, the feeling of relief you feel come over them, priceless! I rather help from heart then my pocket book. I am glad God gifted me not just with my abilities of my mind but love in my heart! Too many of us forget why we are here. I am glad I have helped you! Once again I can feel the relief which makes me smile and feel that much closer to the Divine! Thank you Adam for the pleasure of knowing you and helping you. Blessing and Love! :)
ReplyDelete