Good Morning and Blessings Everyone!
Life deals us many twists and turns. They are put there to help us. They guide us down the path we are meant to take. "Really?" Some of you are saying. So if that is the case then why, oh why, do we have people doing all the "not so nice" things they do in the course of the day? Simple, some people just don't listen! They know right from wrong, they understand the consequences but, heck, so what as long as it works for them.
The reason they do this is two simple words Free Will.
Strong phrase Free Will. Remember when you were a young girl or boy growing up under the watchful eye of your parents. Yes in our day parents had a hand on the situation! No meant NO! Yes we still had the free will to do as we wanted but then we had the wrath of our parents to deal with. We truly believed they could see what we were doing or thinking even before we did it. Yes there were children and adults who did things that they were not supposed to do but that was because no matter who tried to teach them they decided to use their right of free will.
So what exactly is free will? The way I see free will is simple, free will puts us in control of the path we take in life, it puts us in control of our destiny. It isn't something granted to us by way of the Constitution of the United States Of America by no means. There weren't any battles fought to ensure we all get the right of free will. No, it is something we are born with, granted to us there for, by the grace of God. Now that is a gift we are given. Each and every one of us are granted the gift of free will. What we do with it is up to us.
If we didn't have free will then we would not have control over the path we take in life or the choices we make. If free will was taken from us life would not be as wonderful as it was meant to be. Think about it, someone telling you when to eat, what to eat, where to go, very dismal existence indeed.You're self esteem would be down the drain since you wouldn't even be able to think for yourself.
As a young girl I used to love to go to school. Yes I was considered a "nerd" in those days. :) My sister, Donna, was a little different on that subject. She used every chance she could not to go to school. This is where we bunked heads at times.Whenever Donna felt the need to have a day off from school she wanted me to cut with her. She used to make up excuses like the school bus didn't come. Grant you in the winter the bus seemed to be late most of the time but she and some of her friends used to wait till the time the bus was supposed to arrive and then oh well, time to leave the stop and go home. In doing so Donna always tried to get me to go with her. Now I didn't want my sister to get in trouble so at first I allowed myself to be talked into cutting with them however the guilt was more than I could handle. I didn't like making up excuses and trying to keep the story straight so I didn't get anyone else in trouble. I didn't like feeling like I was put on the spot or everyone else would get in trouble because of me. I felt pressured to do what they wanted to do. So not to get my sister in trouble I said the bus didn't get there in time so we came home because we were cold. Some times I would go with her to her friends house to hang out but after a while I came up with an idea that worked for both of us. I got to go to school and she got to stay home if she chose too.
Since she was two years ahead of me she wasn't on the same bus I was on. So it stood to reason that my bus could come even if hers didn't. If she chose to leave the bus stop before her bus arrived I didn't have to say yes or not since my bus was always there first. It kept her and I from fighting and me from feeling like I had lost my right to choose. It's not right to force your will on someone. People should be able to chose what is right or wrong for them in their every day life as well as spiritual and magickal.
Free Will
God blessed me with the right to choose,
To have my own thoughts and views,
To think before I make,
A choice that can shake,
The very path I chose to walk,
Causing me to shake and rock,
Off the course meant for me,
That's not the way it was meant to be,
Free will is the gift bestowed,
To use to help you down the road,
That life has to offer us,
As we drive along on the life bus,
Which direction we will take,
Right or wrong our choice to make,
It is not right to instill,
You're wishes on someones free will,
You're path is yours alone to choose,
It is up to you how you will use,
Your free will when a choice needs to be made,
And the pros and cons are checked and weighed,
For when the day comes to and end,
And you look back to see how you spend,
This gift of free will bestowed on you,
Did you use it how you wanted to?
Or did you allow someone to bend,
Your free will so you had to pretend,
To be happy with the choice you made,
As a bit of your self esteem begins to fade,
Do not allow this to happen to you,
It is your freewill to yourself be true.
Any questions or comments please feel free to leave them here.
To be Continued...........
No comments:
Post a Comment