Monday, February 11, 2013

My first Candle Magick Spell/Prayer!

Good Morning and Blessings Everyone!

When was the first time you cast a candle magick spell? Can't remember? Well, I would have to say from my memory I was about four years old. Of course I didn't do this myself  I had the help of my parents. No they were not Wiccan, Pagan, and they did not follow the path of Witchcraft. They were however Catholic just as I. So then how did they help me cast my first Candle Magick Spell?

I remember it to be Palm Sunday when I was about four or five years old, closer to five I would say. My parents took me to church to honor Palm Sunday. Our parish was and still is for me Saint Anthony's. I thought it was so exciting they would be giving gifts at the end of the mass. Well, that's what I thought Palm was, a gift for coming to church. I was a little disappointed when I found out it wasn't but it now makes sense to me. As most Catholics know or should know the reason palm is given out on Palm Sunday is in celebration of the beginning of Holly Week, also known as Passion Sunday. In Jerusalem Jesus was acclaimed by excited crowds who threw palm branches into the road in front of him. Jesus walked on the these palm branches therefore making them holy. What better choice to give then Palm to mark the beginning of Holy Week?

Now back to my first spell. After Mass, and after we gathered up our pieces of palm, my parents went to the front of the church just next to the alter. Actually at that time the offering box for the poor was seated just outside of the confessional. That was another area of the church I was dying to learn about! Yes I know I had a thing about the church and still do. Well on one side of the confessional was this glorious glass box with a life size statue of Jesus lying down with his crown on his head and the blood dripping from his wounds. Could be a bit scary for young people I give you that. For the longest time I thought it was real and wondered why they left that man in there. From the minds of babes, what can I tell you. My father always said a prayer by this box and then kissed his hand and laid it gently on the glass. A ritual I followed up with and still do. On the other side of the confessional was a stand filled with candles and an offering box where you put your money in, light the candle, then kneel at the alter or in a pew to pray your prayer.

My father gave me a dollar to put in the offering box for the poor. Which he allowed me to do by myself so that in itself excited me. Next he picked up a little stick and put it in my hand. Then while holding my hand in his, he reached into the flame of one of the lit candles so the end of the stick would light. He then directed me to light another candle from that flame on that stick all the while holding my hand with the flame in it. When this was done he told me to blow out the flame and place it in the little stick holder that was filled with sand next to the candles. I was so excited I got to not only hold the stick with the fire I got to light a candle as well. Now I thought the job was done and wanted to light more candles but we all know that wasn't going to happen.

Next he told me to kneel down and pray to God for the poor people who need his help. He knelt down besides me and told me what to say. I asked God to help all the people who needed his help so they can have food for their table, clothes for their families and toys for their children. That was my first candle spell and I remember this so well because being it was spring and Easter was just around the corner, my mother was busy doing spring cleaning. In doing that she had clothes of mine and my sister that no longer fit us and toys we were no longer playing with to give away. My sister Donna and I helped her get them ready to give away to someone who needed them. We didn't throw them away and I was so happy part of my prayer was being answered. Another part of my prayer was being answered thanks to the school and the church who were running food drives for the Easter Holiday.  My sister was in kindergarten and we put together a bag of food for her to take to school. She and I were so excited we made sure Mom put everything they would need for their Easter dinner, except the lamb of course.

After my dad taught me my prayer that Palm Sunday, I made sure to mention the poor in all my prayers at night before going to bed. I still do. The way I look at it, there is always someone worse off then you are so when you get a chance, light a white candle, speak to the God and the Angels asking for the needy of this world to get what it is they need. It may be food, clothes, love or happiness since not everyone needs the same thing, the choice is Gods to give. I believe that was one of the best Candle Magick Spells I ever cast! After all what is a spell really but a prayer put in our own words.



                                               My Plea to Thee

                                         As I lit my candle bright,
                                         I was mesmerized by it's light,
                                        One dollar is the offering I made,
                                        For the poor I knelt and prayed,
                                        Not just any prayer picked for me,
                                        As I knelt there on my knee,
                                        This was a special  prayer,
                                        One I wrote for God to hear,
                                        Please listen to the words I speak,
                                        I ask for help for the sick and weak,
                                        Please help those who are in need,
                                        Bring them food so they can feed,
                                        Their families each and every day,
                                        It was meant to be this way,
                                        Please grant them happiness and peace,
                                        Help their worries to decrease,
                                        So they can live a happy life,
                                        Free from sorrow and strife,
                                        I do not ask these thing for me,
                                        The path I walk was meant to be,
                                        I ask this for all the poor,
                                        So they have no more to endure,
                                        Thank you God for hearing me,
                                        As I make my plea to thee.

To Be Continued......
                                        
                                         

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment