Monday, January 21, 2013

Yes I Am A Witch and So Much More!

It has taken me awhile to decide how to approach this topic. I finally figured out the best way was to begin at the beginning, my beginning of course. I am an avid reader of all genre and I am amazed how many writers, even in today's society, write about the evils of Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, and the Spiritual realm. My goal is to teach, educate, inform, and of course entertain you while showing you the different more traveled paths of these spirituality's. First let me start with a little background information on me.

I am fifty seven years old, the mother of three amazing children, living the life I always wanted with the man I love. That being said let me fill you in on the rest of me, why I feel I need to write this blog. I was born and raised  Catholic but I was also born and blessed a Witch.  No I am not at all confused I am a Catholic Witch. Proud to be! Now there are those who will tell you there are no such thing as a Catholic Witch but please give me the time to explain my spiritual path.

As a baby I was baptised into the Catholic faith. My parents gave me an amazing understanding of God how loving and understanding he is. I read my bible even as a child wanting to connect to find out more and more about this realm and the next. I went to Church every Sunday 9AM Mass and when I became a teenager I spent my time with the nuns at the parish convent. There were those who believed I should be a nun but I had too many questions that needed to be answered.

As long as I could remember I felt the energy of those around me. Of course I didn't know what it was then that I was feeling at that time. I often found myself unhappy, confused, crying for not apparent reason, and at times elated! My parents thought there was something horribly wrong with me. I went from one doctor to another and spent some time in the hospital at the age of eleven to find out if I had a nervous stomach since I often felt the pain in my stomach from all the chaos I didn't know how to sort through. It took time for me to figure out it wasn't an illness I was and am an empath and I feel what is going on with those around me.

I didn't figure all this out myself I had help along the way. Once upon a time, in my young life, I had the honor of knowing one of the most amazing Witches to ever show me along my path. She was my Great Grandmother. Now no one ever said she was a Witch but trust me she was. People from all over the area often came to her for one remedy of another. They came to her when they had headaches or were ill and needed help because in those days they weren't always found of going to the doctors office. My Great Grandmother came here from Italy with her family and settled in our home town after a while. They had a farm where they raised goats, chickens and horses. On the side of the house my Great Grandmother grew her very special garden filled with herbs she could use to heal and to cook with. She is who taught me how very special I am and how these are gifts bestowed on me by God not a curse by some invisible evil entity.

                                     Once upon a time in a land far away,
                                     My Great Grandmother was born on a bright sunny day,
                                     She was special right from the start,
                                     An amazing woman with love in her heart,
                                     Special gifts were bestowed on her,
                                     Sometimes in her pot she would stir,
                                     An elixir to help those who were sick,
                                     Fresh herbs she would pick,
                                     When they moved to their new home,
                                     On their farm she stayed did not roam,
                                     Still people from all around,
                                     Sought her out in our small town,
                                     So she could make them well,
                                     They never asked if it was a spell,
                                     She was gifted an Hereditary Witch,
                                     Her gifts are what made her rich,
                                     Given to her from God,
                                     Often she was thought odd,
                                     None of her children were blessed as she,
                                     She often thought, "They will die with me,"
                                     Then one day she heard the family squawk,
                                     She listened about me as they talk,
                                     When I came to visit at her request,
                                      Is when she told me I was truly blessed,
                                     On that day she taught me I had nothing to hide,
                                     To hold my head high with pride,
                                     To understand how important we are,
                                      What we do is not bazaar,
                                      I watched, listened and learned,
                                      No longer worried or concerned,
                                      And as we sat beneath the tree,
                                      She taught me how to use the gifts bestowed on me.

To be Continued!
                                    
                                 
                                 
                                     
                                    
                                     
                                    
                                
          
                                 
                                    

2 comments:

  1. Great intro! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Looking forward to getting together again as well.

      Delete