Saturday, January 26, 2013

And the Eagle Soars!

Good Evening and Blessings Everyone!

As far back as I could remember I always loved the image of the American Bald Eagle. When I was a little girl I used to get all excited at the sight of one. The exciting thing was whenever I wanted to see the Eagle all I had to do was close my eyes. No, I was not dreaming. He was flying to me, watching over me, and guiding me. Oh I didn't know he was my guide of course, not until I was much older.

No matter how I felt, how my day was going, all I had to do was sit down, close my eyes and call out to him. As a child I remember closing my eyes and saying, "Where are  you?" After a few minutes he came flying into my sight. He was and still is amazing. I have always loved to watch as he glided along the darkness effortlessly. I say darkness because my eyes were closed whenever I called to him.

I have said time and again through out my writing I was a little bit different than most. I used to tell my mother about the beautiful bird that not only would fly to me whenever I closed my eyes but he would talk to me when I was sad. Once again she didn't have the answers so she told me not to tell people things like that. My sister, used to listen to me tell her about the things I would see and being only a year old than myself she didn't have the answers either. She thought I was making up stories and told my mother I was going to be a very good writer some day. As I grew I learned not to discuss these things with people who did not understand.

Growing up I spent hours alone in my room because I always enjoyed the solitude. It was my escape from all the things that made me feel out of sorts. I would sit there on the floor next to my record player listening to the music play, with my eyes closed. While I did this I would be able to see through the eyes of the Eagle in flight. All the beautiful colors he could bring to me brought me a peacefulness. He always knew what calmed me down. 

Of course the one person I could tell about Eagle was my Great Grandmother. The wonderful thing is she never thought of me as different or crazy. She is the first one who told me I was blessed. She said "L'aquila è un uccello molto potente. Essa rappresenta Dio, il suo Spirito," translation "the Eagle was a powerful bird. It represents God, his Spirit." Of course I did my usual and asked her why he came to me, there was nothing special about me. She would smile her knowing Grandmother smile and told me, "Ancora una volta si mette in discussione il perché. Non si può visualizzare sei speciale, ma i doni che ricevono da Dio, si dice qualcosa di diverso," translation, "Once again you question why. You may not see you are special but the gifts you are receiving from God, they say something different." The way she explained Eagle to me was for me to think of him as my Guardian Angel. To listen to him when he talked to me but above all do not tell anyone any more about him because they just didn't understand. Eagle has stayed with me over the years. He has taught me so much even now. The lessons never stop and they shouldn't.

As I grew older I learned all I could about the meaning of totem animals. These animal signs have been found through out history. When we incorporate our totem animal into our lives it clarifies our spiritual goals, opens things up for us. Connecting with your animal totem gives us a deeper understanding of your spiritual goals. It opens your mind giving us a richer and more fulfilling way of life.

I was going through some really tough times in my life a few years ago and I discovered my friend of some fifty years was gone. No more Eagle, no matter how much I tried I could not call him to me. He would not come, would not show me what I need to know. I felt lost and alone. Most of all I was scared. It wasn't that he wasn't there it was that I could not break through my own blocks to get to him. Too much stress and at times anger ruled my mind. I lost my sister, had other deaths and losses in my life at that time which clouded my mind. It took a long time for him to show himself again.

As a matter of fact when he did, he was no longer this huge magnificent bird but instead, when I finally allowed him to come back to me, he was small. As if he had been born all over again when in actuality I had been. I was starting all over again down a spiritual path I had lost my way on. In time he would once again grow and this time he is even larger than he was before. If possible even more magnificent looking.

The growth of Eagle is symbolic of my growth, my spiritual growth. As I began to study once again and reconnect with my inner self, my spiritual side, Eagle took on a new form. He showed me I was advancing down the right path, by the way he showed himself to me. I was set on my Spiritual Path before I was born. I had lessons to learn but I often made it hard for myself by not listening to those who were sent to guide me. About six months ago a message came to me to go back to the beginning. I wasn't actually sure what that meant but in time I realized going back to the beginning meant going back to my roots. Not my family tree roots but my spiritual path.

So where do I begin? I know, I finally figured it out. I needed to go back, not just to what I learned as  a child during my religious studies, but to a time in my life when things were simpler. I also needed to reconnect with the one person in my life that always believed in me, believed in my gifts. Yep, you guested it, my Great Grandmother.

Over the past few months I have learned new ways to meditate and reconnect. In doing so I have found a peacefulness inside myself. I have found to be true, what I always knew. Maria Terese is always there for me not just as my Grandmother but as my guide. Each day is a new awakening and a better understanding of what is going on around me. Each new morning brings a better understanding of who  I am and why I am. I want to thank all those who have been here to guide me through out my life. Without you I would not be!

                                                            Majestic Bird

                                                       A majestic bird in flight,
                                                       What a beautiful sight,
                                                       If only I could share this with you,
                                                       So you could see him too,
                                                       But he is my special friend,
                                                       Sent to guide and help me transcend,
                                                       To enlighten me as I walk along,
                                                       The Spiritual Path I now belong,
                                                        He comes to me as I sit,
                                                        Quietly for a little bit,
                                                        Eyes closed tightly no light at all,
                                                        In the distance he is small,
                                                       Growing larger as he moves in,
                                                        I ask him where he has been,
                                                       When he gets closer to me,
                                                       Through is eyes I can see,
                                                       All the things I need to know,
                                                       That will one day help me grow,
                                                       The knowledge that he shares with me,
                                                       He gives to me completely free,
                                                       The only request he has made,
                                                       Is for me to take the time and trade,
                                                       This knowledge with others as I go,
                                                       So everyone can learn and grow,
                                                       Pay It Forward was his request,
                                                      And I will be truly blessed.

To be Continued!
                                            


                                                        
                                                        
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment