Good Morning and Blessings Everyone!
Now you have a little idea as to why I consider myself an Hereditary Catholic Witch so lets move on from there. Let me tell you a little about me and how I discovered what gifts were bestowed on me. For as long as I could remember I have always been a little bit different than most. At first it used to bother me but in time I learned there was nothing wrong me, I was blessed.
As far back as I could remember I could see those of the other realm. The veil between the two worlds were always thin for me. Of course little children have the ability to see those who have passed. Sometimes parents take it as their child has an imaginary friend and in time they will grow out of it. From day one my parents told me not to tell anyone about those I see. They didn't encourage me to play with my imaginary friend because the people I told them I was talking to were members of the family that had passed on. For a long time I thought I was crazy. As a child I was afraid to wake up in the night and see one of my "friends" standing by the foot of my bed or sitting on the bed next to me not because I was scared of them but because my parents seemed to be. I am sure at one time or another in every ones life they have felt the mattress on their bed press down as if someone decided to have a seat but when they opened their eyes to have a look no one was there. Well for me it was a bit different because when I opened my eyes someone was almost always there.
Whenever I saw someone from the next realm, no matter how old I was, I was not afraid. As a matter of fact it was quite the opposite. I felt at peace, calm, and relaxed. I listened to what they had to say and at first I told my mother about my visions, who I talked to, what they said but since it always seemed to upset her, I stopped. I thought I was doing something wrong. If this was happening to me then I must be a bad person and that was why they made sure I went to church every Sunday. I thought they were trying to make me a better person since my brothers and sister were not forced to go to church even once a month let alone every Sunday. What they didn't understand was I loved going to Church. I felt the second I opened that door as if I was normal, I was where I was supposed to be and nothing could do me harm.
I was about seven years old, it was a Sunday just after Church. My father took us over to his parents house to see my Great Grandmother, Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle along with the rest of the family that lived in Great Grandma's two family home, and those visiting for Sunday. Maria Terese was outside in the garden. It was about March just before Easter. She was out there turning the dirt over in her garden. I went outside to see her when I saw her working so hard from the second floor apartment where my Grandmother lived with her daughter, son in law and their children. I was all dressed up in my Sunday dress I had picked out to go to Church in that morning. I asked my father if I could go and visit Great Grandma downstairs in the garden. His only request was not to get dirty. Did you ever go into a garden and not get dirty? Not an easy thing to do especially for a seven year old but I promised I would give it a try.
Great Grandma saw me standing quietly just under the archway leading to the garden but not through the gate as I was trying to stay clean and keep my promise. She stopped working and smiled at me. Putting down her hoe she came over and took her seat under the grapevine on her swing my Great Grandfather had put up for her many years earlier. She motioned for me to come into the garden and sit on the chair next to her. I must have looked as if something was bothering me because the next thing she said to me was, "Non preoccupatevi, tutto il lavoro fuori," translation, "don't worry everything will work out." I was a little confused about what she meant but then she said, "Tu hai un dono, non è una cosa negativa," translation, "you have a gift its not a bad thing." I smiled because Grandma knew my secret, so I asked her in English, "did mommy tell you Grandma?" She shook her head no then smiled and said, "mi hanno detto." translation, "no they told me." When she said this she waved her hand in the air and I immediately knew who or what she was talking about. "You see them too?" I asked all excited and interested in what she was going to say but being a woman of few words she only nodded her head yes. After awhile of sitting there enjoying the peacefulness of our surroundings she smile at me with her eyes all sparkling and said, "questo è un dono, non someting di cui vergognarsi. I tuoi genitori sono solo preoccupati per te. Teniamo presente tra di noi, il nostro segreto," translation, "this is a gift, not someting to be ashamed of. Your parents are just worried about you. Let's keep this between us, our secret." I gave Grandma a big hug and a gentle kiss on her cheek. She was eight seven years old when she and I had that conversation, all of four feet eight inches tall, and slightly hunched over from all the hard work she did on the family farm over the years, always dressed in black. Yet she was still working in her garden as if she was twenty, still cooking and doing what she did every day of her life. Nothing seemed to slow her down and I was so glad to have her in my life. Over the years she slowed down in her movements but not in the work she did. It might have taken her longer but she still did it all herself.
That day, after that conversation with Grandma I felt like a new person. Now you're saying, "she was seven years old she is talking as if she was an old woman." I felt as if I belonged for the first time in my life. I felt happy and excited that I was not going crazy. Maria Terese made me see I was not the only person in this world to see what others could not or refused to. From that day on I went to see my Great Grandmother every chance I got. As I got older I was able to go there on my own for two reason, one I was older and could walk just about anywhere I wanted to and two we moved closer to her than we had lived before. So close as a matter of fact, we were only right down the street from her, so I could visit her anytime I wanted to for as long as I wanted to and still make it home on time.
A Witches Garden
She sat quietly resting on her swing,
Welcoming the birds, listening to them sing,
Her morning in her garden was a success,
With fresh herbs and vegetables she was blessed,
Her family knew that was where she would be
Sitting on her swing, admiring her fig tree,
Mother Earth has blessed her once more,
With fruit, vegetables and herbs galore,
Everyone always admired the garden she grew,
And the figs that grew on her fig tree too,
People talked about the things she would do,
On her stove of wood she stirred a brew,
To rid the neighbors of the gout or a cold,
They listened to her and did as told,
Her only thought was to help those in need,
To use her gifts to do a good deed,
People did not understand her kind ways,
Often they were very amazed,
Yes they thought of her as strange,
But this was her path she could not change,
She enjoyed being happy and care free,
Working in her garden resting on her knee,
Soaking up the energy Mother Earth wished to share,
Then thanking her quietly with a well thought prayer,
Always spoken from her heart,
Rhyming each and every part,
So she will remember the prayer she said,
Since it will dance quietly in her head,
And when the darkness of night drew near,
And the angels whispered in her ear,
She bid her garden a found farewell,
Blessed it with a good night spell,
So it was protected from all harm,
And blessed with Mother Earth's charm.
To Be Continued!
No comments:
Post a Comment