Saturday, January 11, 2014

To Be A Witch

Good Morning and Blessings Everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration to welcome in 2014. I wish you all a very Happy, Safe, Healthy, Blessed and Magickal New Year!

Today I thought I would talk about the Craft.No not sewing, crocheting, or scrap booking. The Craft I am talking about is Witchcraft. With shows like Bewitched, Charmed and Harry Potter to name a few, there is a false sense of what a witch is and what they can do. Believe me when I tell you I would love to be able to clean my kitchen with a twitch of my nose, get rid of someone who is causing massive disturbance with a vanquishing spell, or go for a ride on my broom since I no longer drive a car but that is not how it goes. That is Witchcraft in the movies. Another disrespect to Witches as a whole is the way Hollywood portrays us as all being evil and doing black magick. Oh I am not going to tell you there are no witches who delve into the dark side because that would be like telling you anyone who follows a spiritual path is good. Truth be told there are good and bad in all walks of life. What bothers me is the few shows that show witches as being good don't go very far in the ratings. People love to watch movies about evil and darkness because just like sex, it sells. The truth, well that doesn't always go over so good. Sad but true!

What is it like for someone who follows the path of The Craft. It's not all magick and games. It's not about casting spells or rituals. There is much more to it than that. When you decide to follow the path of The Craft you make a conscious decision to live your life in a particular way.You make a conscious effort to make changes in yourself not in outer appearance but deep with in. You commit to making yourself better, stronger, greater and more aware of what is going on all around you. You work hard studying everyday to become a better person and learn your craft. No matter how long you have been walking this path you are always learning and re-learning. There are books I put on the shelf years ago but I re-read them from time to time and believe it or not I am still able to pick things out I did not remember from the last time or the first time I read it. It's all about self improvement. Think about this if you work hard everyday to improve yourself, to make the changes you feel you need to in order to be a better, stronger, and greater person, doesn't it stand to reason that the world around you would change too. Those people who you had around you that caused all the negativity in your life are now gone, things are starting to look up and with that your little corner of the world is starting to improve. You have taken the steps necessary to see that happens.

These changes don't happen over night they take hard work and dedication. Most importantly they take effort and a great deal of energy. Nothing ever comes easy. To be a Witch, to walk the path of The Craft, you must be brave and have the courage it will take to make the  necessary changes. You have to change that inside you and around you that you do not like. You set the pace to reach your goals but never lose sight of where you want to go and how you want to get there. Remember no matter how much you want to achieve these goals you are to be careful about who and what you do on this path. Remember No harm to any one or anything. Always choose your words wisely as well as your actions because every action has a reaction positive or negative it is how you put it out there.

In my life as a Witch, I have chosen to remain with my Catholic up bringing which many say can not be done. They believe you have to be Wiccan or Pagan to be a Witch but that is not true. I have said this time and again my great grandmother was a Wise Woman and she was also Catholic and raised her children the same.

For me, the changes I made in my life, I fight to keep the negativity and drama away from me. True I am a helper of those in need so their drama is sometimes pulled into my circle but I do not hold onto it or claim it. I am careful to cleanse myself after contact with such people. I am careful to make sure I protect myself from those I feel can do harm to me or my family. My environment is one of peace and tranquility but that does not mean I allow others to walk over me or push me around. I have to be strong enough to know when to remove someone from my life and walk away without looking back before they hurt me or my family. Some people scream out for help loud and clear but do not take it when offered no matter what. They just like to hear themselves talk. While others don't ask for help and accept it with opened arms keeping things at an even balance.

As a Witch I vow to take care of myself, my family, those I love, and my environment. Mother Earth is not here to be treated as if she is our dumping ground she is here to help nourish her children. Not just the people who breath the air or eat the food she supplies but the animals that are used for that food, the plants which serve so many purposes and the water which provides for all. When I see garbage on the ground I clean it up even if it's not on my property. I take pride in who I am and where I am. I see to it that it is cleaned up and kept in balance as long as I am in that space.

No to be a Witch, to follow the craft, isn't all fun and games. It isn't all about spells and rituals but there is magick in the changes you make in yourself, in your life and in your environment so you can reach your goals of becoming a Witch, a stronger, better, greater person than you ever were inside and out.  I won't tell I never cast because that would be a lie. I cast and I am careful when I do to be thoughtful of all who may come in contact with my spell. I am careful to protect all. Most importantly I think before I do.

If anyone who reads wants to walk the path of The Craft I will be more than happy to share my knowledge with you. I will be more than happy to help you along the path to reach your goals. But no matter what path you choose to walk in life make sure the end result is to improve who you are, life around you, and what you are inside and out. Have a Blessed and Safe Journey!

To Be A Witch

By Toni Gamarro

The path in life I have chosen to walk,
Causes a lot of people to talk,
Behind my back but not to me,
I guess I can understand to some degree,
What they do not understand they fear,
The truth they do not want to hear,
But like it or not I hold my head high,
Even though they turn a blind eye,
They do not wish to see,
There is nothing to fear from me,
I do not set out to cause pain,
I do love singing and dancing in the rain,
Absorbing the power of a good storm,
As it helps me to transform,
Into a stronger, better person,
Of this I am certain,
My path in life is to improve,
No matter who disapproves,
There will be times I cast a spell,
But it is not to raise hell,
It will be to help those in need,
So they may also succeed,
Or perhaps to help someone heal,
Or be able to feed their family a meal,
My spells are not for personal gain,
I do  not wish anyone pain,
I am a Witch proud and true,
My path is not to cause harm to you,
To be Witch is to walk proud and tall,
To listen to the Universes call,
To be cautious of those around you,
To always think before you do,
So please do not assume,
I am all about gloom,
For I work with the power of light,
I strive for balance and to set things right,
I am proud of the path I walk,
I do not care if you wish to talk,
Just understand a Witch is who I choose to be,
There is nothing to fear from me.















No comments:

Post a Comment