Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Final Steps Which Take A Life Time

Good Afternoon and Blessings Everyone!

I have read so many papers over the years and books as well on The Craft. I always wanted to see if it was
different for others than it is for me. I mean was there more to it? Something I was missing but there wasn't. The thing is, often when I sat and talked to people I wondered if they even understood the path they were on. It's really not that hard to learn except there is a lot of reading, listening, sharing, and learning involved. As I walked along this path I didn't start out having rituals or casting spells. I wasn't attracted to the Magick of this path I walk I was attracted to the spirituality of it.  What brought me here was the peacefulness of this path and the love for that which Mother Earth has blessed us with.

The next step is your final step in becoming a Witch. Once you have studied for  a while, picked out your special place to meditate and do  your work, including your reading and writing in your bos, then it is time to get to know and understand the power of your words and actions. The power of magick!

See most people feel they can say what they want, do what they want and there are no consequences to their words or actions. Nothing is further from the truth. Before you speak you must think what the impact will have on others, on the world around you. Your words, your feelings, your emotions are all what sets magick into action. I make it a rule never to cast when angry. I am cautious not to say words I will regret and be unable to take it back. I was always told the law of three was for Wicca not for The Craft but as I was growing up my mother, grandmother and great grandmother had their own version of this law. Actually I am more afraid of their version. The Law of Three says, "What ye sends out come back to thee, three x three." Meaning good or bad what you put out there will come back at you times three. Now my mother, grandmother and great grandmother told us "Be careful what you say or do because it will come back at you ten fold!" I think you have to admit it does put a bit of fear into you. I mean three times is bad enough but ten, Yikes! Respect the law of three. If you don't want something coming back at you then be careful what you say and be careful what you wish for. It's the old saying once again coming back to bite you, "Be careful what you wish for, You just might get it!"


I work very hard not to use the words hate, drop dead, I wish and then following it up with something I can not take back. I and I alone am responsible for the wishes I put out there for the Universe to hear and do with as it sees fit. Before you cast a spell or hold a ritual you must first learn to use magick. You must learn to appreciate and respect it. Magick comes from deep within you. It is your wish, your desire. Never cast a spell if angry because that is what will come back at you. Respect the will of others. No you can not change someone's free will. You cannot make someone do something just because  you want it to be so. We all have a right to chose what we do and how we do it so it is not correct for us to go into a spell knowing we are trying to change someone's free will without their consent. Here is a perfect example:

Cindi's husband Paul, is an alcoholic which is bad enough but when he gets drunk he gets violent therefore leaving Cindi and their children at his mercy. How can you help this family the right way and the wrong way to do this.

The wrong way would be to cast a spell forcing him to give up his drinking:   I want Paul to stop drinking and get sick at the thought of taking another drink. I want him to feel ill whenever he picks up a drink so he never terrorizes his family again. I want him to know and feel the pain he has caused...........NO, NO, NO! Not good!

Here is a better way of doing this for the better of all concerned.

Please heal Paul and help him get past the problems and the anguish he is going through that causes him to drink and inflict pain on himself and his family. Help him to let go of the guilt he carries over the mistakes and pain he may have caused while drinking. I ask you to help heal him so he can be the man he has always known he could be, the husband and father Cindi has always seen him to be. Guide and protect him along the way. Restore this family once more. I ask you to heal all concerned.

Now usually I would do my spells in rhyme but not everyone casts the way I do. Here you are not infringing on his free will you are asking for him to be healed. For him to not carry the guilt of his actions so the entire family can begin to heal and become a family once more. See it's how you word it.

You can light a candle, use herbs, wish into the wind, talk to the water, how ever you feel you want to set the wheel in motion is how you do your spell. Before you start you decided what you will need to cast your spell because you should never start to cast and then realize you forgot a supply. Be sure to gather your herbs, essential oils, candles, brown paper, ink, whatever you are going to need to cast. Your broom, your athame, be sure to have it all with you when you start right down to the matches to light the candle and incense if you chose to use them.

If you aren't sure consult your notes, your books, and most important your mentor. As a solitary witch I know how hard it is to find someone to talk to but over the years I have found when needed the Universe puts someone in my path to help show me the way. Always seek and think before you do. 

Be sure to write down exactly what you want to say so you do not make any mistakes and you can see it before you speak it. This way you remember to ask that all are cared for in the path of the spell you are about to cast.

Too many people get interested in this path and think they can cast spells and do rituals without really knowing anything about it. There isn't a lot of steps to becoming a Witch it is more responsibility. You read, your learn, your study, you experience, you develop your very own BOS, you learn to respect that which is around you (Mother Earth), think before you do. You set up your sacred space and take responsibility for your actions. Just remember I have taught Wicca 101, Year and a Day and all though those classes are great it is not enough. At the end of a Year and Day your learning does not stop. To be a Witch to walk this path takes a lifetime. It is a choice you make when you decide it is right for you. Even now I learn, I listen, and I study. There is always time to learn something new that will help you along the way or perhaps teach you that it isn't exactly the right way to handle things.

Final step before you cast your first spell. Pick your magickal name. Hmmm how do I do that? Well it's a lot like naming a child you find the name that fits you. For me it was different, surprise, surprise. I didn't pick my magickal name it was given to me by a friend of mine. We had met on the internet many years ago.She was sharing her experiences with me and I with her. She too was a teacher helping people along the way. One day she told me it was time I had a magickal name. I just wasn't able to find one I felt fit me. One day she told me the perfect name for me came to her the night before when she was meditating. She couldn't have picked a better name. My magickal name is Zandra or as some of my students, friends, and Sisters call me, Lady Z. It means defender of mankind, works for peach and harmony. For those of you who know me, well, I think you will agree that it does fit. Always looking for a more peaceful way of doing things and helping those who are in need, ill, just reaching out. It's who I am, my destiny.

Magick

By Toni Gamarro

Anyone can cast a spell,
But to do it right and do it well,
Takes time, for you need to study,
You will know when you are ready,
Respect the power magick holds,
Careful as it unfolds,
Think before you decide to cast,
Do not speak your words to fast,
Choose them wisely and with respect,
Watch as they take effect, 
Oh its not like in the movies you will see,
The outcome isn't one, two, three,
Some spells will take no time at all,
While others seem to crawl,
Then there will be those which do not work,
With magick there is that quirk,
But do not despair you are not alone,
Do not pout, get angry or groan,
You see the Universe hears your wish,
Perhaps it felt it was a bit foolish,
The Universe can get in your way,
Help you not to go astray,
So think before you speak your spell,
Do not cause the Universe to yell,
Remember to keep balance in all you do,
It is what is expected of you,
Study, learn and share,
Casting a spell is like saying a prayer,
One that you write with good thoughts in mind,
Purest of heart keep the Universe aligned,
Magick is to be treated with care and respect,
It's not the latest science project,
It's real and you hold it deep within your soul,
So set your sights on that special goal,
Write your words in your own hand,
Speak them with certainty and command,
Be careful not to cause harm,
Not to set off the Universes alarm,
Because if you do you will see,
There really is "The Law Of Three,"
Give thanks to those who assisted you,
Because that is right thing for you to do,
Remember before you cast make sure you know,
Magick is real, this isn't a show!














No comments:

Post a Comment