Good Afternoon and Blessings Everyone!
Now that you have began your reading it is time to figure out if this path is right for you. As you read and study Beginning Witchcraft you can start to get the feel it and form your opinion of The Craft. If there is something along the pages you are reading that makes you feel uncomfortable or as if you skin is crawling then you need to find out what it is that is bothering you and whether or not this path is right for you. Just because something interests you does not always mean it is calling you to follow it.
Not every Witch walks the path because of heredity. Some have decided to follow this path because they are not comfortable with what they have known since birth. They want to explore and find out what else there is or perhaps they just want to rebel against what society sees them as. For me it was a little bit of both I believe. I was drawn to helping people. I was never one who even liked doctors and always figured I could get well on my own so finding a natural cure was better for me. Oh I will admit there are somethings I need to see a doctor for but for the most part I still look into the alternative. It's just who I am.
Once you figure out if this is the path you truly want to take then the next step in your journey would be to find a special place to do your thing. Oh I think this part is true for any spirituality not just The Craft. You will want to chose a place where you can do a ritual, cast a spell, or just sit and meditate without being disturbed because contrary to popular belief someone who is following The Craft isn't spending every evening casting or performing a ritual. There are many times we just want to sit and clear ourselves of all the negativity, meditate and bring ourselves back into balance. For this a quiet place, a place that calls out to you, would be nice. For me I have always had an alter set up in my room. Not the usual Witches alter I will admit but my alter all the same. What calls to me and makes me feel as if I am communicating with my guides and the Universe. Actually my alter has not changed since I was kid except I have added a few things and taken a few away over the years of study.
If you were to walk in my room right now you may be a bit confused. I have a statue of Jesus next to my bed with his parents, Joseph and Mary, on either side of him. Off to the left of them I have another stand. Here I have my variety. When my father passed last year he wanted me to have his statue of Our Lady of Fatima since she has come to me since I was a child. I proudly display her on the top shelf. In front of her I have some gemstones and geodes but sitting in the middle of all my stones I have a small image of Lord Ganesh. Placed in front of him I have the symbols for Ochosi. On my next shelf I have an image of Jesus along with Saint Lucy, an Angel, St. Michael, and Eagle. Those of you who know me well know I am an Eagle person and I want to thank Bryant and Donna for gifting him to me. He is an amazing addition to my alter. Placed in front of these images once again I have my stones. This is my quiet place. It is where I cast, pray, and do whatever else I feel I need to in order to be me. Sometimes I just sit and talk out loud to no one in particular. I'm just getting my thoughts and feelings out there but then I feel the warmth engulf me and I know I am being heard. It's an amazing feeling. One word of caution, when you speak or think of a wish or desire please, please choose your words cautiously.
Here is an example: If you are upset about something or someone you may wish they go away but specify in what way. example: "Sally is driving me crazy with all her negativity, I just wish she would disappear." doesn't sound all that disastrous right? Wrong, this can be taken in so many ways and the Universe will do with it what it sees fit. A better way to state that wish would be something like this, "Sally is driving me nuts with all her negativity, I need a break from her visits. Perhaps she could stay away until she starts to see things on a more positive level. I wish for her to see the positive side of things. I don't want to lose my friend." or something like this, "Sally is driving me crazy with all her negativity, I wish her peace and happiness." So you see you changed the feeling of the first wish all together just by thinking before you speak.
When I had my store just out the back door was the South River. There was an area there I used to love to go where I sat and soaked up the power of the river. Here I felt reborn. I felt myself become empowered and balanced. I was able to go under the tree there and cast my spells or have a ritual and feel totally alone. The silence that surrounded me there made me feel as if the rest of the world had been shut out. For those of you who know me from the store know exactly what and where I am talking about. That is how your special place should make you feel. I was lucky to have been able to experience that not only out by the river but in my home as well.
One of the reactions I enjoy from my friends is how they feel when they enter my home. I am often told no matter how crazy their day has been once they walk in my front door it all disappears. As if it has rolled off their backs and into the floor where my home picks it up and cleanses it into positive energy. Yes I have designated one place in my home for my spells and rituals where I can not be disturbed but in truth my home is my special place. From the moment I walk in the front door it welcomes me. The warmth and peacefulness engulfs me and I know I am where I should be.
Once you find your special place and you are sure this is the path for you, then it is time to start your Book of Shadows or BOS for short. I know we have talked about making your BOS before but let's just touch on that a moment now. A Witches Book of Shadows is her journal. In it you will write your dreams, your experiences, and all the knowledge you gather over the years. Sounds like a lot for one book right? Well it is. I have more than one Book Of Shadows and any Witch who has been around awhile will. This is where you put your spells and rituals. It is where you make note of how your the spell or ritual went. You make note as to if it worked or if it didn't work. Yes you do put your spells in even if they do not work. It is not a book of all your successes because then how will you remember or learn what did not work and improve on it? You design your book and pages in your book. Make it a part of you, make it your own. I like to decorate the pages with my art work. This is where I put my poems.
Now in the days of digital access many witches put their spells on flash drives which is good too but when it comes down to needing a spell they have in their BOS then they need to write it out by hand. You see if you store all your information on a flash drive all well and good. But let's say you have a spell on this drive you need to do or a ritual. First step for me would be, to write it on a piece of brown paper. I prefer brown paper because it is the purest form of paper. You need to write it in your own hand to make it your own, lay claim to it. I like to use a particular pen or even ink such as doves or bats blood but my favorite is dragons blood ink. The choice is yours.
So how do you like this path so far? It's definitely not something you can do in your spear time. It is a way of life you are now choosing to live. A more peaceful and loving existence. Some say I am too trusting but they do not realize I feel for the people I meet. I feel their pain and their happiness. I am not a fool, I know when they need my help but I also know when to let go and let them find their own. You can not dabble in this path because of the doors that open to you. So before you begin you must always be aware that for every action there is a reaction be it positive or negative. "What ye sends out, Comes back to thee."
Spiritually Strong
By Toni Gamarro
I love to walk, dance, and sing,
I love the fresh smell of spring,
To have a walk in the rain,
Or listen as it taps the window pane,
To feel the power of the storm,
Or the Sun as it keeps me warm,
I love all that Mother Nature brings,
Like listening quietly as the bluebird sings,
Feeling the grass beneath my feet,
Brings me closer to Mother Earths heart beat,
On this path I choose to walk,
I've learned how to listen and not just talk,
I've learned how to appreciate natures gifts,
From the smallest insect to the highest cliffs,
All the beauty that lays before me,
From the blue sky to the sea,
These gifts are meant to be,
There to balance you and me,
To pull what we need to survive,
So we learn how to thrive,
As I studied and learned The Craft,
I often heard I was daft,
But I chuckled, laughed if you will,
As I fine tuned my skill,
I learned from books and the crone,
How to stay in my zone,
All the lessons I was taught,
Gave me the knowledge I sought,
As I learned to dance and sing,
No matter what life may bring,
To love and worship the white light,
To cherish the image of Eagle in flight,
A path that teaches me to be strong,
Teaches me we all belong,
I feel its power every day,
As I start out on my way,
God is deep in my soul,
Guiding me to reach my goal,
So how could this path be wrong,
Spiritually it has made me strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment