Before I get into one of my favorite subjects, Candle Magick, let's talk for a bit. Why is it you just can't make some people happy? That's because their happiness is not up to you, it is up to them. Some people just don't get it. It is not up to you to put a smile on their face it is up to them to realize all the wonderful things they have in life or have achieved in life that should make them feel like smiling. It is knowing in their hearts that no matter how tough things get The Divine is always right besides them so they are never truly alone. Not preaching here just saying if you make that connection then there should be no frown.
I am one that keeps things to myself. If someone disturbs me I don't go up to them and yell or carry on I generally don't say anything at all. Not always a good thing but it is important to me to behave like the lady my mother and father brought me up to be. I don't use foul language especially in mixed company because it's not right. Oh I won't say I never did I am just saying I learned a lesson a while ago and this is they way I am supposed to be. I'm not saying I suddenly found God because I never lost him. I just started listening to the voice inside telling me to be me and not what everyone else expected me to be.
For some reason there are people who love to make others unhappy or push their buttons to cause them to panic, become sad, or upset. I used to allow that to happen to me and then one day I said no more. I am going to take control back and be who I was always supposed to be and be the best I can be at it. I was always meant to be calm and serine. It's in my nature. I made up my mind not to let people get to me. With this realization I found my own way of making that happen, I pay attention to what The Divine, God has given us. I love to sit and listen to the sound of the birds singing in the morning, look outside and see the beauty of the sun shinning down on the trees and the shadows that are cast out by its leaves. On bad days of rain or snow I love to sit and watch it fall. Of I am lucky I get to go for walk in it. Nothing like walking through a summer rain storm to re-energize yourself. This is how I make me who I am. I don't let others influence who I am or what I am going to be in life.
I hear so many people complain this person is getting on them for this or that and they can't handle it anymore. I used to be like that but then one day I decided no more. No matter how upset I am, no matter what is bothering me no one is going to find out they got to me. How do I do that? Easy, I smile! Do you know how contagious a smile is? A smile can do one of two things, it can spread to others around you therefore balancing out the room and the energy around you or it can piss someone off and they walk away madder than they were before. I always say smile it makes people wonder and in their wondering they just might break a smile too and get rid of those frown lines.
I remember a story my mother once told me about myself actually. I have always walked around with a smile on my face, never really giving it much thought. I felt good inside and showed it on the outside. Well one day, the summer I turned seventeen years old, I was out walking with my friends and looking after my youngest brother, Phil. It was getting hot so we decided to join our mother in the yard. This particular Saturday was no different than any other Saturday in our neighborhood, or Sunday for that matter. There was company in and out of the house all day with this cousin or an uncle or two stopping by to say hello and relax a bit under the grapevine we had growing ever so beautifully in our yard. My mom loved sitting under that grapevine on a warm summer day. It never seemed to get hot under there. I came bouncing in the yard, my kid brother in tow, smiling up a storm, as my mother would say, to join her in under the grapevine. My brother who was about five at the time decided to go for a swim in his little pool while mom and I sat watching him enjoy himself. I loved taking care of him and being there to see all the wonderful things he was learning and how excited he got when he discovered something new. He was having a ball so I couldn't help but laugh as well as join him for a bit making him think he pulled me into the pool. It was fun just watching the surprised look on his face as I sat in the pool laughing with him. When I got out and rejoined my mother she told me a couple of my cousins were there earlier in the day and the conversation got around to me at some point. She wasn't really sure how or why but it did. I smiled at her but I also pulled my eyebrows together as you do when you frown. She said, "that look on your face right now is what we were talking about." I was more than confused but she went onto explain my cousin told her he has no idea why I am always smiling. What do I have to be so happy about. She said it seemed to bother him that I all I did was smile no matter what I was doing. He went onto say, "even when she's carrying groceries home from the corner store she is smiling. Is there something wrong with her." By this time my Uncle from down the street had joined us for cup of coffee. Uncle Zip looked at me and said, "you know, you don't have to answer to anyone. If your smiling bothers him then that's his problem." I told my mother I feel better with a smile on my face than sorrow in my heart. She told me she understood completely but thought it was funny that it bothered someone to see me smile. Then she told me never to change.
Over the years, age, responsibilities, and everyone else's chaos got in my way for a while. Then one day I said no more. It's time to put the smile back on my face, the song in my heart, and the bounce back in my step. The funny thing is that cousin it bothered then, it still bothers today. Sorry I can't make everyone happy but my goal in life isn't to please the few it's to be who I am and please myself and those I love.
So when life is getting you down, take the time to look around and realize that nothing is worth getting sick over, losing who are, or taking things on that don't belong to you and possibly losing those you love. Instead get rid of the garbage and be happy about who you are and how you got to be you. Not all of us have an easy road but it's that old saying, "If something is worth having, then it's worth fighting for." Stand up for yourself, hold your head high, be proud of who you, what you are, and above all don't care what others think as long as know you are doing your best and you have hurt no one to get where you are today. My mother used to say when life gets you down don't allow it to over take you. She said you have to pull yourself up by your boot straps and move ahead, never look back. Smile big, smile often even when you want to cry, feel that song in your heart, bounce in your step, and make the other person wonder. Let the negativity roll off you and have the Earth swallow it up so she can turn it into positive energy to help others in need.
A New Day
By Toni Gamarro
I open my eyes and see the sun,
A beautiful day has begun,
While I go for a walk,
I listen to my music, don't want to talk,
I close my eyes to feel the breeze,
Blowing through the beautiful trees,
With a bounce in my step and smile on my face,
I begin to pick up the pace,
Smiling as I walk along,
Listening to my favorite song,
Oh what a wonder life can be,
When you open your eyes to see,
All the beauty there is to behold,
As nature begins to unfold,
As life begins to take shape,
And you find your favorite place to escape,
From deep within you there will be,
A sort of rumbling plea,
To stand your ground no matter what,
To keep the bounce in your strut,
Don't let others get you down,
Cause you to wear a frown,
Live each day as if it were your last,
Put all your troubles in the past,
Take a deep breath and say,
I love being this way,
Feel the grass between your toes,
No more sorrow no more woes,
A new day has begun,
And with it brightly shines the Sun,
Even if it were to rain,
Splashing hard against the window pane,
There will be sunshine in your heart,
Since each new day is a work of art,
And as you walked along life's road,
You realized all the gifts that were bestowed,
For each and every one of us to share,
It's God's way of showing he cares,
He wants to see a smiling face,
As for sadness not a trace,
So listen to the blue birds sing,
Children playing and laughing on the swing,
Sounds of life as you pass through,
This is what you are meant to do,
Enjoy each and every day,
Be happy, learn, and pray,
For everyone to learn the secret to being happy,
Not to let others make them feel crappy,
So smile a big happy one,
For a new day has begun!
To Be Continued................
No comments:
Post a Comment