Tuesday, July 22, 2014

All Empaths Are Not the Same!

Good Morning and Blessings Everyone!


Not all empaths are the same. We don't all see, feel, and hear. Some of us have one trait while others have many traits of being empathic. I have friends who can hear but not see, who can heal and feel to the extent of being ill, while others feel but not so drastically. To be an empath isn't something you adjust to in a day or two. It is something you must adjust to and learn how to cope with. At times it can be very challenging and painful.

If you were to look up empathic in the dictionary you would find it to say : the feeling that you understand and share another persons experiences and emotions. The ability to share someone elses feelings. 

When we feel someone elses feelings it could be either emotional or phsycial to the point of even feeling their illness. An empaths life can be confussing and difficult at times. Your life can seem as if it is on spiral turn full of chaos due to all the emotional ups and downs we go through. You feel the need to breathe and yet you can't seem to get yourself back in your body in order to do so. You are overwhelmed. Sound familuar? I am sure it does to many out there.

As I walk this path through life I realize there are many empaths out there. Some aware of who and what they are while others have no idea what is happening to them or why they do the things they do. Why drama is pulled towards them and creates havoc in their life. Why they keep meeting the same type of people day after day and never seem to have any calm about them. We tend to attrack those that need our help and sometimes it brings a bit of choas to our lives. Once we have done all we can for that person they vanish perhaps to show up as we walk further along our path or never to return again.

Some people would call empaths moody. Empaths pick up energies and emotions not just from other people, but from places and animals as well. You can be feeling right as rain one minute and then the next you are sick, anxious and at times giddy with excitement you can't explain. For some people they begin to question their sanity. After all they are up one minute down the next even they don't understand what is happening to them.

Now imagine being a child and going through these emotions but having no one who understands what you are going through. No one to help you adjust. Not all adults are in tune with this path so it's hard for children to understand what they are going through and even harder for the parent who has no clue. Parents would do the most logical thing first taking them to their family doctor to see what they have to say. Of course after they figure out there is nothing pysically wrong with the child the doctor would probably suggest counselling so they can get down to the bottom of the issue at hand. Unfortunately this never helps it only makes things worse.

It took me time to realize in order to figure out if it is my feelings or someone elses I have to think about when it started. What was I doing at the time? Who was I with? I get panick attacks when I go out! Not just to events but even outside my door, my domain! Of course it doesn't happen all the time but it does happen all the same. All it takes is for someone to be having a bad day. I live down the road from a school so I can assure you there are plenty of emotions that pass my door every day both good and bad. There have been many a day I went out to dinner or lunch with someone and had the uncanny desire to run out of the resturant. I would often say, "Can we go now?" Most of the time people realize it's me picking up on someone or something so it doesn't bother them too much! Over the years as I have matured into the crone I am now, I grew to realize I am the one in charge of what I feel. What I allow in but that took time to learn.

It's these feelings of intrusion that make me a bit shy and at times extremely shy. I find I often avoid being in public places and panic at the thought of going to a party or a wedding. When I don't have these feelings under control I have a problem losing weight. I have learned over the years that being empathic is probably why I am overweight. Since I get stressed out and overwhelmed my body harnesses it making it hard to lose weight or keep it under control. Being shy, avoiding events, avoiding going out in public, weight problems are all a part of how an empath tries to sheild or protect themselves from their psychic abilities. If we push it away we have a hard time in our lives. If we take the time to remember that and embrace this gift then and only then will life get more tollerable.

A perfect example here is when I lost my dad a year and half ago. Just before he died I had lost fifty pounds. I was feeling great about me and my spiritual path. Then my dad passed away. I thought I was handling things just fine. I was walking through life, writing, talking to people, helping those who needed it. Everything I always did but different. I was hidding out more and more in my apartment. Not exercising and gaining the weight again. I put on twenty five of the fifty I lost and now I was feeling depressed. I allowed what others thought of me to destroy my self estem. I began to allow these feelings in. Never a good thing to do. Now I am on a uphill battle to lose this weight again and then some but in order to do that I have to be inside my body. I have to breathe and realize no one can hurt me unless I allow them.

Most important is I can not deny who I am and what I do. I have to let the feelings in so I can help those who need it but then I must cleanse myself and come back into my body to be me. I must remember everyday to communicate with Spirit asking for protection and understanding. I need to pull from the Earth the energy I need to be who I am and thank her for always feeding me. I must remember to always protect myself even from the most innocent of phone calls because the anxiety of others can and will pull me down. By pulling the fear, sickness, unhappieness, excitemet, and so on from others around us we cause ourselves to be off balance. It is important for all empaths to keep themselves on track. To remember to not only to protect yourself but cleanse as well. It's not enough to take a shower and allow the water to rejuvenate you because sometimes you need to wash away the garbage you have picked up. A simple salt bath or shower will do. Trust me you will feel like a new person.

After many years of studying and learning about my path I have found the mix that is right for me. I make sure my house is my domain. It is where I am safe. If I have a client come to my home they do not get to invade it with their energy. When I go out I always make sure I am protected but there are times other peoples energy get through as well as times I allow their energy to come through. If this happens I make sure I am seperated from their energy before I move on. This is't something I knew how to do from day one of finding out I am an empath. It is something I learned from knowledge shared with me from the amazing people who have crossed my path, from my great grandmother to Lady Cinn my mentor.  I hope the knowledge I share with you through these blogs will help you adjust to your path in life. If ever you feel the need to reach out, ask a question, remember I am always willing to help.


To Be Continued!

 An Empath's Chore
By Toni Gamarro

I do not question the gifts bestowed me,
They make me who I am to be,
As the wind blows I can sense,
The energy which has been dispenced
Negative or possitive I must say,
Either or can make me sway,
Can knock me off balance, a bit tipsy too,
But that's ok I know what to do,
This energy gets under my skin,
Instead of fighting I welcome it in,
Negative energy can hurt I admit,
Even so I won't quit,
I am meant to help those in need,
I must feel them to succeed,
I need to know what they feel,
So I can help them heal,
Perhaps they just need to talk,
Or a friend with which to walk,
Someone to listen and be present,
Perhaps this is why I was sent,
Not always necessary to do a reading,
When you feel their energy pleading,
It may be they just need to learn,
Not to allow the negativity to return,
I must teach them how to protect,
So others energies cannot connect,
No matter what the course may be,
This is the task bestowed to me,
So I will open up to those in need,
Even if it feels like a stampede,
I will battle what comes my way,
Any negativity that may,
Bounce around and come at me,
Perhaps I can help set it free,
Ask the Universe to what is best,
To put the negativity to rest,
Turn it to possitive energy so it could be,
Used to set others free,
Bringing a possitive out-look once more,
Perhaps this is my empathic chore.

















No comments:

Post a Comment